1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup margarine
1-1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup chopped kumquats (pureed)
2 large eggs
5 cups plain flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup nuts (pieces)
1. Cream shortening, sugars, and eggs (one at a time).
2. Stir in flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Fold in chopped kumquats and nuts.
4. Place on waxed paper and form into rolls about two inches in diameter.
5. Cover and seal with aluminum foil and freeze.
6. Slice thin (1/4 inch).
7. Place on greased cookie sheets and bake in pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for ten minutes.
SUBMITTED BY: Rosemary Gude
PHOTO BY: Amanda Young