1 baked 9" pie shell
3 tbsp. margarine
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup chopped kumquats (pureed)
3 eggs (separated)
1-1/2 cups water
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 pinch salt
3 tbsp. cornstarch
1. In heavy sauce pan, combine water,
sugar, cornstarch and salt.
2. Place over medium heat and bring to
3. Stir in beaten egg yolks. Bring to
boil, stirring constantly.
4. Boil 2 minutes or until thick.
5. Remove from heat and add lemon juice,
pureed kumquats and margarine.
6. Cool and pour in baked pie shell.
7. Top with meringue.
For the meringue, the rule is 2 tbsp. sugar
per egg white. To make meringue 3 egg whites, 6 Tbsp
sugar and 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar. Beat with mixer,
until high and fully.
SUBMITTED BY: Margie
Neuhofer PHOTO BY: Gloria J.