Kumquat Recipe 009 - Kumquat Pound Cake
Kumquats can be used in as many ways as your imagination will allow!
1 cup chopped kumquats (pureed)
2 cups margarine
3 cups sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
10 large eggs
4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1. Cream vanilla extract with margarine with 1/2 cup sugar
2. Then with remaining sugar, ginger and nutmeg.
3. Beat at high speed for 4 minutes scraping bowl often.
4. Add eggs two at a time scraping bowl occasionally.
5. At low speed, add flour until blended.
6. Stir in kumquat puree.
7. Turn into greased and floured 10' tube pan.
8. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
9. Invert and remove from pan and cool.