Kumquat Recipe 004 - Whole Preserved Kumquats
Kumquats can be used in as many ways as your imagination will allow!
4 quarts kumquats
3 cups water
3 cups sugar
1. Boil sugar and water for 10 minutes in a container to create a syrup.
2. Prepare Kumquats: with a sharp knife cut slits (1/2 inch deep) at right angles on the blossom end.
3. In a second container, cook the kumquats slowly in water about 10 minutes or until tender.
4. Drain and add to prepared syrup.
5. Add drained kumquats, simmer for 20 minutes (covered) and allow to cool (covered). Kumquats should be translucent.