1 cups tart kumquats
1-1/2 cups Merlot
1/4 cup water
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 cinnamon sticks
1. With a sharp knife cut kumquats in half, remove seeds and put in a pot of cold water just to cover.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 min.
3. Drain and refresh with cold water.
1. In a med boiler add all ingredients except kumquats and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10 min. (until it begins to thicken)
2. Add kumquats and simmer an additional 5 min.
3. Pour into clean jars.
Makes 2 pints. Great with ham or chicken.
SUBMITTED BY: Jeanne Cannon of Lillian, Alabama